Saturday, May 14, 2011

Evolution Yoga Conference 2011 - My Schedule of Classes


I will be going to the Evolution Yoga Conference 2011 in Hong Kong from 9 to 12 June 2011 and have been busy going through the schedule to decide which classes to attend.  During the initial  registration, I had chosen mostly the 2 hour sessions and looking at it, I realized that I had actually registered for similar classes to attend on different days.      

After talking to Azmi (who is also going to the conference), he suggested that I register for the CET classes especially a yoga and anatomy class to gain knowledge and skills on the techniques to deepen my practice.

As the organizer allows class changes to be made online until 8 June 2011, I have spend more time going through the description of each of the classes and have put more thought on the classes I should go to.  My revised schedule includes half-day intensive classes and 2 hour sessions but I did not sign up for any CET as the workshops were more suitable for yoga teachers.     I did register for a half-day intensive class on yoga and anatomy and my schedule now encompasses workshops on foundation and core, twists, backbends, forward bends, inversions, arm-balances, pranayama breathing techniques and yin yoga.   

I showed my revised schedule to Azmi and he suggested that I  make a slight change which I did. I also made the decision to join Sharath’s Led Primary Series Class on the last day although I have to pay extra as it was not included in the 4-day Pass Package. I felt that it was a good opportunity for me to experience doing the Primary series with Sharath after reading the many blog posts and hearing about his teaching in Mysore.

I am really looking forward to the yoga conference and the opportunity to learn from some of the best yoga masters in the world and the gurus whose classes I have signed up for are Sadie Nardini,  Jason Crandell,  David Life, David Moreno, Simon Low, Marla Apt, Paul Dallaghan, Mark Laham , Rodney Yee and Collen Saidman.

If you would like to register for the conference, feel free to drop me an email to get the referral code for the 15% off the package price for the 1-day Pass and the 4-day Pass. 


No comments: